Let's Stick Together
Chopsticks for me was a blast to illustrate. I loved returning to the utensil characters we grew to love in Spoon—but I also liked drawing the simple but striking shapes of chopsticks on a page. This story is a classic-coming-of age tale about working together but also learning how to stand on your own. Written by the brilliant Amy Krouse Rosenthal (Plant a Kiss, Little Pea, Duck Rabbit).
“This companion to the well-loved Spoon (2009) is equally charming.” —Kirkus Reviews
The perfect book for twins?
- GoodReads Choice Awards finalist for best picture book of 2012
- Selected as one of Best of the Best by Chicago Public Library
- Selected by the Pennsylvania Center for the Book's 2013 Baker's Dozen
- Selected by the National Council of Teachers of English Children's Literature Assembly's 2013 Notable Children's Books in the Language Arts
- Nominated for a Nerdie award
- Serious Eats had a great giveaway (check out comments!)
- Cool Mom Picks blog had this to say
- Chopsticks is an Indie Bound “Next List” pick for Winter 2012!
- Spoon and Chopstick's origins revealed in this blog post by author Amy Krouse Rosenthal!
- A Junior Library Guild Selection